Continuous and Current Projects:
- IDRG annually brings 20 participants to take part in a Model United Nations and Youth Leadership Program. The human rights focused event gives young people the opportunity to visit the United Nations offices in Geneva, Switzerland and experience the diplomacy and human rights work being carried out. IDRG has been organising this event since 2016 and hosts participants predominantly from developing countries.
- Since 2006 IDRG runs annual summer courses during July and August for Palestinian children.
- Attendance at COP since 2015
- IDRG continues to be involved in a women’s empowerment project in the Caucasian region, Azerbaijan. The project’s major activities were completed in December 2017 with 25 direct beneficiaries, however IDRG continues to contribute according to the needs of the project’s goals and recipients
- Since 2016, IDRG annually runs 3 exam preparation events for 1st year medical students at the University of Geneva to help them prepare for infamously challenging final exams.
- Attended Cop 24 in Katowice, Poland
- Worked with the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies on preventing violence against children in schools.
- Structuring capacity building program to enable youth to participate efficiently and effectively in the 2030 SDG agenda.
- Attended the 37th Human Rights Council session and followed up the adoption of resolutions relevant for the promotion of SDG (Sustainable Development Goal) in line with the respect for human rights
- Empowerment project for Syrian women in a Turkish refugee camp
- International workshop on International Human Rights Day supporting human rights mechanisms to protect women and children, Geneva (December 2017)
- Attended Cop 23 in Bonn, Germany
- Participated in the innovation and SDG UNRISD seminar
- Participated in the Evian group round table meeting. Title: “Globalisation must be inclusive, equitable, sustainable and dynamic”
- Attended the 34th Human Rights Council Sessions
- Conducted needs assessments at a Jordanian camp for Syrians refugees
- Engaged in an e-learning and e-governance program in South Korea and a knowledge dissemination and e-governance program in Denmark.
- Participated at the global meeting for higher education at UN-Habitat
- Took part in Cop 22 in Marrakech
- Attended the 33rd Human Rights Council sessions
- Ran assimilation workshops for students in Geneva
- Participated at ESCWA (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for West Asia) expert group meeting. Topic: “Measuring the human rights to water and sanitation realisation”
- Joined the International Workers Memorial Day at the ILO “Climate change and labour; the impact of heat in the work place”
- Worked in partnership with the International Forum of African Development in Tabarka, Tunisia
- Speaker at the Human Rights and the 2030 SDG (Sustainable Development Goal) Agenda in the Arab region in Jordan
- Participated at the Cop 21 Climate Change Conference in Paris link
- Structured the IFP (Implementation for Priorities) for IRDG with the focus on the main IRD-G goals
- Initiative for public mobilisation which involved civil society and academia in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- Focused on youth and women’s empowerment through the SDGs
- Participated at the Stockholm Development Week
- Participated in the 27th Human Rights Council session.
- Took part in three sessions with the Universal Periodic Review of UN state’s human rights records
- Engaged in a discussion platform on the SDGs from the perspective of NGOs
- Report on SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) highlighting the core goals of IRD-GE
- Summer school training for children in Palestine in cooperation with the Palestinian Psychologist Union